These businesses rely on business development to do the deals that allow them to outsource non-core businesses as they strip themselves down to only their core components to seek out and close business deals in the new market. Growth in business development careers is improving as the economy picks up and those with an aptitude for landing and structuring deals like investment bankers or lawyers have the best shot at landing business development jobs.
Business development generally applies to the process of strengthening the ties between the clients and cultivating customers in the consumer market and to accomplish this goal, a business development officers jobs is to exhibit competence in many sales, marketing, customer care, operations, and management in order to identify and capitalize on growth opportunities. One of its fundamental aspects is to assess the company's current assets and work closely with sales and marketing professionals in order to identify the incursion that the company is already enjoying in various sectors of consumer base. These individuals also work with customer care professionals to assess the client's feedback to identify ways to refine their current sales and marketing techniques to capture a wider share of consumers and to identify applications for the products that are not presently promoted.
Successful business development professionals do not only focus on making the current customers happy but by making the best use of the company's resources, refining the management function, and addressing legalities observed by the company to be able to succeed. If you want to pursue a career in business development, here are the 10 business development job opportunities for you:
- Business development associate - helps a firm expand operations by analyzing the internal and external elements that are affecting the company's profit levels and competitive standing by making recommendations and short-term and long-term solutions including developing new products to increase sales.
- Business development specialist - is a sales professional specializing in the service industry of specific products. They are required to have excellent time management, customer service as their work includes calling potential customer, as well as inquisitive skills. A bachelor's degree is required and local and regional travel to meet customers is needed.
- Business Development Officer - is a senior level job responsible for creating strategic plans of action to formulate new business ventures to expand current business to a national market. She must have good people skills and be able to build confidence and morale of other co-workers under her authority by being knowledgeable in all areas of business development.
- Financial Advisor - these professionals are hired to help people manage their finances and those who want to invest in their future and build wealth. They analyze the client's financial position including their income, debts, and investments and determine their goals. She must have excellent communication skills, integrity, and honesty to be able to build trust with her clients.
- Financial Consultant - are also known as financial analysts. They are licensed professionals trained to help organizations and individuals make intelligent financial decisions. These decisions include whether it is appropriate to invest or not by keeping them informed about market trends, stock values, taxes and other economic factors. They evaluate investment opportunities to provide advice to stockbrokers or individuals attempting to sell securities, bonds, or stocks.
- Business development executive - are account strategists on a company's sales team and they qualify, identify, and secure business opportunities by maintaining a mutually beneficial business relations with their clients. Entry level business development executives are required to have a bachelor's degree but for more senior positions a master's degree in business administration is strongly preferred.
- Business Development Director - is responsible for the organization's financial prosperity and is required to have sales, negotiations, finance, and strategy skills. Candidates who want to pursue a career in this field must have a bachelor's degree in business administration and at least 5 years of work experience in a specific industry with proven revenue generation, strategy, as well as management experience.
- Business Development Consultant - is responsible in developing business plans and strategies to ensure that the company attains its goals and profitability. He works collaboratively with the sales director as well as the management team in creating and conducting proposal presentation to potential customers. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required as well as proven success in generating sales leads and developing new business. A bachelor's degree in sales or marketing is preferred.
- International business development manager - is responsible for implementing business development strategy on an international level, identifying business opportunities, and requires international sales experience to successfully negotiate and close business deals. This position is frequently offered in large corporations and the average salary is $65,000.
- Business Development Vice President - oversees and directs the sales group which includes hiring, training, and motivating the sales staff, as well as the group's financial budget to ensure that the business development goals are met. He ensures that the organization grows profitably by developing new strategies and he directly reports to the president or chief executive officer. The average salary for this position is $93,000 depending on the size of the company and the salary structure.