United Technologies Corporation
Uniontown, OH, United States
Business Development, Manager, Aerospace
Job ID: 01344535
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HOH05: S&IS (Deicing) - Uniontown 1555 Corporate Woods Pky, Uniontown, OH, 44685 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This position manages a department that includes multiple teams led by managers and or supervisors of Sales Business Development professionals. Overseeing business development activities and ensuring short-to-medium term operational plans are met. Strategizes business development plans in support of the discipline and provides recommendations to leadership on critical sales business development strategies.
• Acts as the primary contact with the largest and/or most strategic prospects, develops a professional relationship with the purpose of understanding and meeting the customer needs within the bound of contracted scope.
• Manages business development activities for strategic prospects to support the business strategy defined by senior executive level leadership.
• Pursue major bid opportunities, presents final bid responses to team, leads team in negotiations with potential large/complex customers and builds and maintains customer relationships to win projects.
• Leads the relationship for potential large/strategic prospects to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services in order to create new client base and increase sales.
• Leads team to write proposals, present new business proposals for major/strategic prospects, negotiate value, and address resistance in order to develop business.
• Directs the management team representative on prospective target accounts.
• Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important prospective accounts to influence opportunities.
• Customer facing and selling role (quotas) only responsible for acquisition of new accounts.
• Hunts new deals and customers to generate leads for new customers.
• Works with customers to develop product specs for future projects.
• Designs and executes marketing and sales strategies, policies, and programs for company products.
• Prospects, develops, and expands business, responds to proposal requests from customers and develops proposals for presentation to customers.
Experience in Aviation / Aerospace industry
Experience with related product lines - potable water, waste water, de-icing, and heated composites
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
United Technologies Corporation
Website : http://www.utc.com