Atlanta, GA, United States
Business Development, Manager
Jan 06, 2021
Apr 21, 2021
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams , building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach . When you combine that with your own inspiration , plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
As Microsoft boldly proclaims a mission of empowerment, our Industry footprint is where the impact will be felt most. The Federal organization supports customers on their digital journey across the globe. To pursue large, digitally transformative wins, we are looking for a Business Development Manager for a leadership position within our Federal team. The Business Development Manager should drive the business Strategy for creating and taking markets and capturing large transformation deals from business development through proposal and the award stages of the sales cycle.
The reinvention of business processes represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their business to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
As a Business Applications Technical Specialist Manager you will build and lead a team of Technical Specialists who are responsible for defining the solution strategy as part of the opportunity lifecycle as well as crafting and delivering a proposed solution that showcases our differentiation and business value. You and your team will drive solution decisions at the customer that will empower the business to achieve their goals and drive business outcomes with Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and related solutions such as AI, analytics, Power Apps and business process automation across modern and legacy applications.
• Develop and lead a diverse and high performing pre-sales team that supports customers in achieving their business goals.
• Attract and retain the best pre-sales talents from the market.
• Foster and model a learning culture in your team to build deep skills on core technologies, broad knowledge of adjacent solutions and professional skills.
• Coach for solution sales excellence by putting the customer first and leading with business value.
• Your practical experience will increase deal velocity by assessing the progress of customer engagements at relevant stages, and by orchestrating your team, other cross-team resources and partners on digital transformation opportunities.
• Lead your team to actively work with customers, define clear solution decision criteria for all opportunities, to secure customer commitment to Microsoft technology and to communicate like deployments for customers to realize how to deploy and consume our solutions to drive business outcomes.
• Coach your team by effectively communicating and holding the team accountable to stated objectives and outcomes.
• Escalate blockers and collaborate creatively with other field leaders and partners, as well as other internal teams such as marketing and engineering to ensure the solution needs and preferences of customers are heard.
• Ensure compliance and relevant Government standard are incorporate into existing and future products.
• Empower your team to skillfully demonstrate Microsoft's value proposition internally and externally to executives by showcasing our technology innovations and building relationships with and influencing key decisions makers, both virtually and onsite.
• Drive cross team experiences that deliver increased sales and consumption.
• Ensure that the team highlights Microsoft's unique value propositions in comparison to top competitors' offerings.
• Encourage deep pre-sales community participation and the importance of gathering and sharing customer insight.
Requirements (Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required):
7 years of related experience:
• 5 Years of work with the Federal, State or Local Governments, Healthcare, Financial Services and Regulated Industries
• Proven success in solution sales leadership and/or management roles.
• Solution sales for a business applications and/or SaaS-based company or similar technology.
• Solution leader of complex business application deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry and solution team members.
• Driving solutions sales best practices including but not limited to; discovery, building and crafting solution strategies that differentiate from the competition, value-based selling and challenging our with creative and innovative solutions.
• Successful track record of competitive displacement.
• Documented track record of leadership, team development, and business success.
• Ability to drive and influence stakeholders across organizational boundaries through strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build a healthy pipeline of top tier pre-sales talent.
• Experienced in developing and retaining a high performing team through continuous coaching, empowering your team and holding them accountable.
• Ability to identify new market and business trends to serve as the customer's voice into Microsoft.
• Experience inspiring others through leadership, personal influence, and status as a role model based on consultative and value-based selling.
• Proven track record in prioritization and orchestration of resources for complex customer digital transformation engagements.
Deep understanding of:
• Business application solutions and how these solutions help our customers achieve their desired business outcomes.
• Commercial cloud offerings, ideally Microsoft’s cloud platform as well as competitive knowledge of other business applications and related ecosystems.
• Customer facing business processes in one or more industries such as Healthcare, Public Sector and Defense.
• Business value selling methodologies and practices that successfully convey the value and business outcomes the proposed solution will deliver.
• How to uncover customer’s stated and unstated needs and how technology can be leveraged to solve business problems.
• The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers in cloud or hybrid scenarios
• Qualified leader and manager with experience building high performing teams and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Passion and associated track record of developing and growing people.
• Embracing of a growth mindset, insatiably curious, always learning and welcoming of challenges for the opportunity to grow.
• High level of self-awareness, reflection and empathy.
• Ability to skillfully communicate, demonstrate and prove the value of Dynamics 365 Business Applications and related solutions.
• Customer-centric mindset with demonstrated passion for delivering customer value.
• Excel at owning and coordinating team resources to successfully build and deliver a compelling and differentiated solution demonstration to our customers.
• Proven collaborator especially capable of influencing internal teams such as sales, engineering, marketing and external teams, our customers and partners.
• Excellent presentation and communications skills across various customer stakeholders, e.g. CIO, CFO, CMO, VP of Sales, etc.
• Adept at challenging perspectives and differentiating from the competition by reframing value and exemplifying customer
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Website : http://www.microsoft.com