Johnson Controls, Inc.
Lansdale, PA, United States
Business Development, Manager, Engineering, Marketing, Sales
Business Development Manager - Fire Supression Products/SE','WD30059120334','!*!Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Fire Suppression Products (FSP) is a product segment of Johnson Controls. Our solutions are designed into homes, restaurants, offices and schools. We protect the museums you visit and the hotels you sleep in. Our solutions are behind the scenes in the airplane hangars that service planes you fly on and on the ships and refineries that transport oil to you. We know that our offerings are essential to protecting our customers. That idea is core to everything we do.
Summary of Position:
A successful Business Development Manager assists with identifying, investigating, and evaluating new business opportunities and alliances that promote the organization's objectives. Developing strong consultative relationships with key end users / owners and specifiers in order to ensure FSP is listed as a proprietary or preferred vendor is the most important BD activity.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain consultative client relationships and engage in retention selling to ensure continued long-term success and profitability of FSP
• Provide on-site technical training to architects, consulting engineers, AHJs, end users / owners and key accounts
• Explore and build partner relationships to develop and/or enhance business alliances
• Diagnose and respond to client needs, with written & verbal follow-up on all aspects of request
• Coordinate with Sales to ensure awareness of upcoming projects, opportunities and/or changes in customer specifications in order to maximize chances of opportunity conversion
• Provide timely and detailed documentation in advance and downstream of meetings and site visits, generally staying in touch with and disseminating critical information flow, as applicable
• Conduct research and analysis of market / project opportunities consistent with FSP strategy
• Evaluate market / project opportunities by engaging with clients & executing feasibility studies
• Participate in strategic planning processes with Senior Business Development Manager
• Implement business plans and initiatives in coordination with other business functions
• Work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering groups to inform them of market conditions, pricing issues, competitive trends, and similar
• Attend trade shows and industry conferences for educational and customer-oriented purposes
· Requires Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Engineering. Master's degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline preferred.
Experience and Skills Required:
· Requires a minimum of 8 years management experience in business development, marketing or sales in the Fire Protection industry.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment, and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
· Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions / advertising required.','Sales & Marketing','US-PA-Lansdale','','Bldg Technologies & Solutions','Exempt','Exempt','Business Development Manager - Fire Supression Products/SE
Johnson Controls, Inc.
Website : http://www.johnsoncontrols.com
Johnson Controls, Inc. is engaged in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Its Building Efficiency segment designs, produces, markets, and installs integrated heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as building management systems, controls, and security and mechanical equipment. This segment also provides technical services, energy management consulting, and operations of real estate portfolios for the non-residential buildings market. In addition, this segment offers residential air conditioning and heating systems, and industrial refrigeration products. The companys Automotive Experience segment designs and manufactures interior products and systems for passenger cars and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles serving original equipment manufacturers. This segment offers seating systems and components; cockpit systems consisting of instrument panels and clusters, information displays, and body controllers; overhead systems, such as headliners and electronic convenience features; floor consoles; and door systems. The companys Power Solutions segment produces lead-acid automotive batteries, as well as offers absorbent glass mat and lithium-ion battery technologies for hybrid and electric vehicles. It serves automotive original equipment manufacturers and the general vehicle battery aftermarket. The company was formerly known as Johnson Electric Service Company and changed its name to Johnson Controls, Inc. in 1974. Johnson Controls, Inc. was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.