The Firm is currently recruiting for a Business Development Coordinator for its Federal Regulatory & Compliance and Public Policy practices to be resident in our Washington, DC office.
This position will support marketing and business development, and will also support local client events in the Washington market. The firm seeks someone who is high-energy and detailed, who will work collaboratively with others within the Marketing and Business Development team and other Business Services groups.
• Provide support to lawyers in the creation, preparation and coordination of proposals/pitches for new business development
• Conduct market analysis, industry and competitive intelligence research reports for business development opportunities
• Maintain a database of matter summaries, track experience and all related information for use in pitches/RFPs, bios, legal directory submissions, website, press releases, etc.
• Plan and execute local events for the Washington, DC office, including conferences, client dinners, seminars and webinars
• Work collectively with the public relations team to identify and secure speaking engagements and other events, including the production of PowerPoint and other types of presentations and exhibits
• Maintain promotional materials and practice inventory for event sponsorships
• Maintain client and prospect mailing lists
• Coordinate the production of the practice group's regulatory publications, client alerts and external client announcements
• Update bios and practice descriptions with new content, including matters and awards/rankings
• Other duties as may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 2-3 years business development experience in the professional services industry is required; previous experience at a law firm is preferred.
• The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, self-motivated individual with the demonstrated ability to prioritize, juggle multiple assignments and function as part of a cohesive team.
• Must have strong communication and presentation skills, with an attention to detail and organization.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Dentons offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
~~~We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. We are an Affirmative Action Employer~~~
Dentons adheres to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Dentons is a global firm driven to provide you with the competitive edge in an increasingly complex and interconnected marketplace. We were formed by the March 2013 combination of international law firm Salans LLP, Canadian law firm Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP (FMC) and international law firm SNR Denton.