New York City, NY, United States
Retail, Business Development, Manager
Manager, Business Development','STR00223','!*!Job Overview:
Manager of Business Development provides analysis, research and program management for the new initiatives launching from the Business Development function. Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Manager of Business Development will have leadership experience in the retail industry with an interest in developing the new Macy’s portfolio of business strategies.
• Strong foundational understanding of general retail operations and merchandising strategies, both stores and online, marketing, and financial planning.
• Ability to build personal rapport with all stakeholders.
• Exudes strategic planning and superior organizational skills.
• Thinks critically and can build a business case around any new initiative.
• Demonstrates ability to understand changing market dynamics and translate them into actionable strategies.
• Shows strong leadership, written and verbal skills with an attention to detail.
• Work with Business Development management team to identify and evaluate new strategic opportunities that will drive revenue, profit and traffic .
• Lead analysis and ideation sessions around new initiatives with both internal and external partners to gain supportive insights and organizational alignment .
• Coordinate evaluation of new business development ideas, working with cross-functional partners to score and prioritize opportunities.
• Manage the launch of the new initiatives including the coordination of efforts across all internal and external stakeholders ensuring key milestones are established and executed against.
• Build strong cross functional relationships to identify potential risks and solutions during the implementation process.
• Lead project management of new initiatives from concept to pilot /execution.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree (MBA Preferred).
• 3-4 years retail experience Business Development and/or Corporate Strategy (Retail experience preferred)
• Prior Management Consulting experience – Preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Familiarity with relational databases (SQL/SAS), Business Objects
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and time-sensitive environment.
• Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
• Self-starter, curious and keeps a pulse on market changes / new trends.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. ','','United States-New York-New York','Analytics','Manager, Business Development
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.