New Haven, CT, United States
Mar 30, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a wide range of secretarial and data entry duties and coordinates a multitude of office procedures in support of the activities of the patient care unit. Service Excellence, collaboration, teamwork, technical expertise, postive impact and problem solving are critical skills necessary for this position. Additional activities may be required at the request of the department and/or manager to ensure safe , effective and effecient operations of the facility. Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great First Impression by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and department personnel. Adheres to the I Am YNHH service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment. If working within the Centralized Staffing Department, operating in the Observation Associate role is required on an as needed basis.
1. Service Excellence - Creates a great First Impression by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel. Adheres to the I Am YNHH service excellence pledge.
1.1 Interacts with patients, families/friends, physicians and staff, in a helpful, courteous, pleasant and professional manner at all times, including while using the intercom.
2. Collaboration and Teamwork - Assures that information is communicated in a timely, sensitive and effective way; follows through on responses as appropriate.
2.1 Demonstrates sensitivity to the varying needs and communication styles of our culturally diverse patients, families and staff.
3. Technical Expertise - Proficient skill on all computer applications and telecommunication systems. Maintains all medical records and other materials related to medical status and patient care. Observes strict confidentiality within HIPAA regulations.
3.1 Receives, distributes, processes, files and maintains all patients' medical records and other documents relating to medical status and patient care maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
4. Positive Impact on Practice/Problem Solving - Exhibits behaviors demonstrating responsibility for creating a positive work environment. Recommend reasonable solutions to address problems.
4.1 Ensure environment is always regulatory ready, regulatory compliant, including maintaining a clean and organized work area.
5. If working in the Observation Associate role through the Centralized Staffing department:
5.1 Ensures the patient's safety and dignity during asigned shift.
Minuimum High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required.
Two (2) to Three (3) years administrative clerical experience preferably in a patient care environment. Prior computer usage strongly preferred.
Possess the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations. Demonstrate a caring, positive attitude towards patients and families. Excellent communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to read computer screens, forms and other documents and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to write clearly and legibly. Ability to make mathematical computations. Competent in keyboarding skills. Ability to work in a fast -paced, changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and needs (including clinical crises on the unit and otherwise stressful situations and interactions) with sound judgment and excellent customer relations skills.
Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds. Consistent use of body mechanics. Work involves sitting in a chair for long periods of time, stands and walks through department or facility as required.